Medical Technologist Clinical Laboratory Scientist
South Texas Health System
Location: WESLACO, Texas
Internal Number: 195843
Responsible for receiving and analyzing laboratory specimens and reporting results in a timely manner in accordance with Laboratory Policies and Procedures. Performs duties which may require both technical and professional judgment. Participates in and helps evaluate the Department’s Quality Control, Quality Assurance, maintenance and safety programs. Maintains parts, reagents and supplies in areas assigned to the. May be required to evaluate and write procedures for new methods, participate in teaching, continuing education, supervisory and other organizational activities. Performs other related duties with a minimum of supervision. This position summary contains the most relevant duties and responsibilities and does not exclude other assignments not mentioned.
1. Training should have included at least 12 months in a structured training program with clinical internship in a hospital setting.
2. Must demonstrate commitment and adherence to STHS’s Compliance Program and Code of Conduct through compliance with all policies and procedures, the Code of Conduct, attendance at required training and immediately reporting suspected compliance issue(s) to the Compliance Officer.
EDUCATION / LICENSURE:
1. Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology or related laboratory science; or Associates Degree in Medical Laboratory Technician Plus 10 years of work experience required.
2. Registered Clinical Laboratory Science – certified by national registry such as CLS(MLS), MT(ASCP), CLS(NCA), MT(AMT) is required within six months of hire.
3. Techs newly certified as of 2004, are required to participate in a Certification Maintenance Program to continue certification every 3 years. Failure to participate will invalidate certification after the initial 3 year certification period.
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.