DescriptionAs a Clinical Laboratory Scientist, you will assist with clinical testing and high volume Testing. Additionally, you will perform high complexity histocompatibility testing requiring serological techniques involving lymphocyte isolation and separation; microcytotoxicity testing; serum processing; cross-matching; and antibody testing using Luminex. Additionally, you will participate in Transplant on-call and weekend rotations.
Salary Range: $51.76 - $68.97/hour
Qualifications• Current, California Clinical Laboratory Scientist or Clinical Histocompatibility Scientist license
• Bachelor's degree
• Ability to work outside of normal shift hours, including on-call and rotating weekends
• Experience and background in Human Leukocyte Antigen (HLA) and blood bank, preferred
• Background in molecular methods, reference ranges, test methodologies, instrument operation/maintenance as well as CAP and other regulatory requirements
• Knowledge of relevant disease states in order to communicate significance of test results
• Ability to perform testing, documentation, interpretation, and report preparation for ongoing R&D and method development projects
At UCLA Health, you can help heal humankind, one patient at a time by improving health, alleviating suffering and delivering acts of kindness. As you do, you’ll achieve great things in your life and your career. We’re a world-class health organization with four hospitals consistently recognized among the nation’s very best as well as an internationally-renowned medical school, primary and specialty care clinics and much more. Within our dynamic, innovative and growing organization, you’ll find exceptional opportunities to make the most of your abilities in a supportive, empowering and inclusive environment. If you embrace our values of Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Teamwork, Excellence and Discovery we invite you to see all you can accomplish at UCLA Health.