Clinical Laboratory of the Black Hills is an independent pathology practice providing services to Rapid City, South Dakota and surrounding communities. Rapid City is the gateway to the Black Hills and offers a variety of four season, family friendly activities.
Looking to hire: ASCP (or equivalent) certified/eligible Cytotechnologist.
Preference for FNA ROSE experience preferred but can train right candidate.
Minimum requirements include a Bachelor's degree; successful completion of study in an approved cytotechnology school and subsequent attainment of ASCP certification within one year of finishing the cytotechnology school.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
This position requires mental and physical dexterity with extensive use of hands and eyes. Prolonged periods of sitting are necessary. Incumbent must be analyzed for color perception (CAP, 1992). Must be able to make accurate assessments of diagnostic material under stressful conditions.
The Cytologist is primarily responsible for staining, mounting and studying cells to detect evidence of cancer, hormonal abnormalities, and other pathological conditions following established standards and practices. The following is a general list of duties assigned to this position.Thin Prep/Imaging experience preferred. Perform diagnostic microscopic cytology procedures, specimen preparation and staining when needed and assist with collection of non-gyn specimens providing immediate evaluation of specimen adequacy when requested.
· Responsible for knowledge and understanding of current procedure manual and must document review of the manual.
· Ensure that specimens received are properly labeled by referring facility and that specimens are subsequently properly identified in the CLBH system.
· Stain and coverslip specimens.
· Prepare/process non?gynecological specimens for analysis according to specifications related to the type of specimens.
· Must perform departmental procedures according to the manual.
· Microscopically examine stained smears for evidence of malignancy or abnormality and mark the slide to indicate relevant cells/material for evaluation by a Pathologist.
· Maintain records of the number of slides evaluated and the number of hours spent evaluating slides during each 24-hour period.
· Maintain workload within individual guidelines set by the technical supervisor and not to exceed CLIA or ASC limits for number of slides screened.
· Maintain equipment and instruments with appropriate documentation according to established protocols.
· Observe established safety measures to minimize hazards including the use of face shields, gloves, and chemically resistant lab coats.
· Assist Radiologists and Pathologists with fine needle aspiration biopsies.
· Participate in quality assurance activities in the laboratory.
· Participate in continuing education to remain current on new advancements in working techniques and procedures.
· Perform the above and any other duties directed by the Pathologists, General Supervisor, or Practice Manager.
· Other duties as assigned.
Clinical Lab offers a competitive wage with an excellent benefit package including:
100 % employer paid health and dental insurance
Discounted vision insurance
Competitive 401(k) Plan, Profit Sharing Plan, and Disability insurance.
Paid holidays and Paid time off - accrual from day 1!
No state income tax. Continuing education opportunities.
WELCOME TO CLINICAL LABORATORY OF THE BLACK HILLS
Over 60 Years of Pathology Service to the Black Hills
Established in 1961, the Clinical Laboratory of the Black Hills is the oldest existing independent reference laboratory in South Dakota. The laboratory has provided anatomic pathology services to Rapid City, the Black Hills, and the surrounding area since that time. We remain committed to our belief that every client deserves personal service, as well as accurate and timely testing.