Location: Bakersfield, California
Internal Number: REQ-019453
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
You put the pro in medical laboratory professional. You've got problem-solving instincts, a passion for patient care, and the technical training to deliver quality results. You're also looking for great benefits, the support of an all-star team, and an opportunity to grow your career.
Join our front line of #HealthcareHeroes! Our mission is to advance the health and wellbeing of our communities as a leader in clinical laboratory solutions. Quality is in our DNA -- is it in yours?
This opportunity is full-time Schedule may vary Monday - Friday 9 am - 6 pm or a Tuesday Saturdays
The Clinical Laboratory Scientist, Generalist essential functions are:
- Performs all routine tests and analyses on patient samples and specimens
- Performs and reviews quality control results;
- May be required to perform pre analytical procedures such as specimen preparation and reagent preparation,
- May be required to perform post-analytical procedures including result evaluation, entry of result into the computer system and release of results
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on assigned instruments and equipment according to established schedule and procedure
- Verifies instrument functioning by checking and calibrating specific lab instruments and documents data; Records on instrument logs any repairs, replacement, and maintenance needed of equipment
- Participates in performing and evaluating new test method validation and participates in presentation of data to Director of Laboratory and/or Medical Director for review and approval.
- Records on instrument logs any repairs, replacement, and maintenance needed of equipmen
- Ensures enrollment and performance of proficiency testing (PT) and / or test method validation for all methods in the department. Evaluates and implements corrective action for all PT or validation failures. Evaluates potential for impact on patient results.
- Assists with the training and competency assessment of all staff who work in the department. Competency assessment is performed annually, with the introduction of all new test methods / equipment, with significant change to an existing test method / protocol, and during the orientation period for new employees.
- Assists with writing SOP's and in some cases may help Manager with scheduling.
Responsible for knowledge and application of current state, federal, and CAP regulations; ln addition to an employee's typical work schedule, this position may require employees to work weekends, split shifts, varying shift schedules, and holidays if needed by the Company. Other duties may apply as necessary,
- Evaluates Quality Assurance in the department, and makes recommendations to the Laboratory Manager and Technical Supervisor.
- Participates in and supports all Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement endeavors for the laboratory, as applicable
May be required to train other personnel both licensed and un-licensed; however does not have personnel management responsibilities. Is responsible for knowledge and application of current state, federal, and CAP regulations; In addition to an employee's typical work schedule, this position may require employees to work weekends, split shifts, overtime and holidays if needed by the Company. Other duties may apply as necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four year college or university in Clinical Laboratory Science (Chemistry, Microbiology, Physics, and Biology) or related life science
- Requires valid California Clinical Laboratory Scientist License; A.S.C.P. or other applicable certification is desirable, but not required. Continuing education as dictated by governmental agencies required for license validity.
- Experience in the Clinical Laboratory as a California Licensed Clinical Laboratory Scientist Light physical effort (lift/carry up to 25 lbs.) ! Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, and crouching
- Frequent, prolonged standing/sitting/walking
- Must be able to see, hear, and respond adequately
- Must be able to appropriately identify colors as necessary for position requirements ' Extensive computer and/or microscopic work r Moderate use of telephone and fax o Occasional travel required to interact with Division personnel and/or attend meetings,
- Educational training.
- At least one year of Laboratory experience; new grads will be considered
- Experienced in Hematology
- Urinalysis Experience
- Coagulation testing Experience
- Light manual bench chemistry Experience
Base Pay: $35.00 to 48.00 hourly D.O.E.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
1st Shift (United States of America)
WestPac Labs, Inc.
WestPac Labs, Inc.
Sonic Healthcare USA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
About Sonic Healthcare USA
Sonic Healthcare USA is a subsidiary of Sonic Healthcare Limited, one of the world's largest medical diagnostic companies, providing laboratory services to medical practitioners, hospitals and community health services, with operations in eight countries, on three continents and providing care to over 100 million patients each year. Sonic Healthcare USA is a leading provider of state-of-the-art laboratory services and pathology practices throughout the USA with eight operating divisions and nearly eight thousand US- based employees, 330 Pathologists and serving over 30 million patients per year. Sonic Healthcare USA operates under a federated business model that emphasizes medical leadership and community-based testing services to provide outstanding quality and service to the doctors and patients that they serve. For more information, visit the Sonic Healthcare website at www.sonichealthcareusa.com.
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.