Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Internal Number: REQ-017359
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
Under the general direction of the Medical Director, assists in all aspects of anatomic pathology. Describes and prosects all surgical specimen types and complexities for histological examination.
You put the pro in medical laboratory professional. You've got problem-solving instincts, a passion for patient care, and the technical training to deliver quality results. You're also looking for great benefits, the support of an all-star team, and an opportunity to grow your career.
Join our front line of #HealthcareHeroes! Our mission is to advance the health and wellbeing of our communities as a leader in clinical laboratory solutions. Quality is in our DNA -- is it in yours?
New graduates welcome to apply!
In this role, you will:
- Perform a vital part of the patient care process through preparation, gross description, and dissection of human tissue surgical specimens
- Recognize when corrective action is needed and implement effective solutions
- Work in a fast-paced laboratory environment with biological and chemical hazards
- Champion safety, compliance, and quality control
All you need is:
- Bachelor of Science or Masters Pathologist Assistant program from a NCCLS accredited institution
- 1 year of laboratory experience grossing all tissue types from simple to complex
- Certification by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists BOC
- Strong reading, writing, and analytical skills
- Ability to operate general laboratory equipment, including but not limited to: telephones, computers, automated analyzers, centrifuges, microscopes, manual and automated pipettes, and audible alarms.
We'll give you:
- Appreciation for your work
- A feeling of satisfaction that you've helped people
- Opportunity to grow in your profession
- Free lab services for you and your dependents
- Work-life balance, including Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Competitive benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Help saving for retirement, with a 401(k) plus a company match
- A sense of belonging - we're a community!
Sonic Anatomic Pathology
We also want you to know:
This role will have routine access to Protected Health Information (PHI). Employees will be trained on reasonable safeguards and are expected to maintain strict confidentiality, as well as abide by all applicable privacy and security standards. Employees are expected only to access PHI when it is required to fulfill job duties.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Laboratory Medicine Consultants LTD
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.