Location: Woodwinds, Minnesota
Internal Number: R0015992
University of Minnesota Physicians (M Physicians) is a non-profit organization seeking driven individuals in both clinical and non-clinical areas to help transform health and medicine. Headquartered in Minneapolis, our organization employs more than 1,200 physicians, 300 advanced practice providers and 2,200 health professionals and staff throughout Minnesota and beyond.
Join us on a mission to advance medicine.
We are seeking a Hematology/Oncology Physician to join our community practice at our Cancer Clinic in Woodbury, Minnesota. Located 8 miles east of St. Paul, Woodbury has a population of 70,000 and has consistently been recognized nationally as a great place to live, work, and thrive!
- We welcome physicians with special interests in the management of oncologic issues such as but not limited to: breast cancer, colon cancer, lung and esophageal cancer, leukemia and lymphoma, and prostate cancer.
- Develop a practice as a general hematologist and oncologist and maintain a special area of interest.
- Affiliated with the University of Minnesota, our community clinics provide exceptional, patient-centered care along with the ability to enroll patients in leading-edge clinical trials.
- You'll work alongside 2 other Hematologist/Oncologists, an Advanced Practice Provider and two on-site Radiation Oncologists.
- Support Staff include a RN Care Coordinator, Social Worker, LPNs and Medical Assistants, Chemo Nurses in Infusion, and dedicated scheduling and registration.
- Shared inpatient rounding responsibilities.
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME Hematology/Oncology fellowship-training program.
- Board eligible/certified in Hematology and/or Oncology with the America Board of Medical Specialties or American Osteopathic Association
- Licensed or ability to acquire medical license and DEA in the State of Minnesota, and meet threshold criteria/qualifications for credentialing and privileges.
We're proud to offer our employees a robust benefits package. Our benefits package was recently recognized for its appealing and inclusive nature. Some highlights include:
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans
- Best in industry 401K employer contribution
- As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we are a qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Concierge services and a well-being allowance
Additional information on our benefits can be found here.
M Health and Clinical Partnerships
Providers practice at affiliated locations under the M Health Fairview shared care delivery system. This partnership represents a collaboration between University of Minnesota Physicians, University of Minnesota Medical Center and Fairview Health to build a nationally known academic health system that combines academic and community resources to provide the very best clinical care to patients and communities, while also supporting research and education across the joint healthcare delivery system. #UMP
We are based in Minneapolis and consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in America by U.S. News & World Report. The Minneapolis-St. Paul area offers a high quality of life and a low cost of living. You'll find excellent school systems, a robust economy, an award-winning culinary scene, museums of all types, outstanding theaters, and a reliable international airport. If you love the outdoors, you can enjoy all four seasons with the plethora of lakes, parks, and some of the country's best bike trails!
M Physicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.