Location: Silverdale, Washington
Internal Number: HEMAT002667
Washington Permanente Medical Group (WPMG) is a clinician-led, self-governed and independent multi-specialty group practice, providing care to the more than 700,000 Kaiser Permanente patients in Washington state. We work unencumbered by traditional health care obstacles and without silos; prioritizing people over profits, collaboration over ego, and driven by a singular goal: our patients' health. At WPMG, we take care of the whole person, with a team to address the fundamental, social, and emotional needs that contribute to total health. We are clinicians motivated by the desire to make a purposeful difference in the communities we serve, and in how health care is delivered.
Kaiser Permanente-Washington Permanente Medical Group is seeking a full-time 1.0 FTE Hematology/Oncologist to join our Silverdale Medical Center team in Western Washington.
As a Comprehensive Hematologist and Oncologist at Kaiser-WPMG you will have the ability to:
- Interact formally and informally with colleagues and specialists to share knowledge, discuss ideas, and formulate treatments that best suit your patient's needs;
- Work within a model that has eliminated the insurance roadblocks and access issues that prevents you from having enough time to get to know, understand and care for your patients; and
- Operate within a multispecialty medical center that provides the power of coordinated care for your patients - including easy to navigate, one-stop facilities that offer a full spectrum of services.
- Potential for 4 day work week
- Shared 7 day call rotation among 8 physicians covering inpatient responsibilities at 1 hospital.
- Clinic schedule protected for adequate patient-physician face to face time.
- Work life balance with competitive vacation and CME time.
- Community hematology and oncology practice with ability to focus on specialty areas of care.
- EPIC and Beacon EMR systems at all sites of practice
- Opportunities to develop non-clinical interests in medicine
Silverdale is a multispecialty medical center. Lab, Radiology and Pharmacy on site. Office hours are 8am - 5pm Monday through Friday with Urgent Care open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
As a condition of employment, all clinicians and employees are required to verify COVID-19 vaccination status. As part of the pre-boarding process and before starting work, you will be required to verify your vaccination status, and will be provided an opportunity to apply for an accommodation based on a religious or medical reason, if needed.
Compensation and Benefits
The entire salary range for the clinician position is $413,750 to $486,765 and will be prorated based on FTE. Placement of new hires will be in the range of $413,750 to $462,427 based on factors such as education, training or experience.
Employees (and their families) are covered by medical, dental, vision, basic life, and disability insurance. Employees are able to enroll in our company's 401k plan, receive employer contributions to the 401(k) plan, and enroll in our cash balance pension plan. Employees will also receive four weeks of paid vacation leave every year and eight paid holidays throughout the calendar year, and will receive continuing medical education leave and funding.
Silverdale, with a population of 19,204, is located on the Kitsap Peninsula, situated ten miles northwest of the city of Bremerton and nine miles south of Poulsbo. The community lies at the north tip of Dyes Inlet, which connects it to Bremerton via Sinclair Inlet and the Pacific Ocean via Puget Sound. Silverdale offers scenic trails, award winning breweries, and beachfront properties with attractive views of Dyes Inlet, Mt. Rainier, the Olympic Mountains and stunning sunsets. The easy beach access offers opportunities for outdoor recreation and the hundreds of shops, malls and movie theater complexes offer plenty of indoor activities too. With great schools, it's central location, and quiet beauty, the Silverdale community is a great place to live and raise a family.
We are dedicated to building lifetime relationships with peers and patients in Washington State's richly diverse communities. Many know the Pacific Northwest as an attractive tourist destination with beautiful scenery, friendly people, and a host of cultural and recreational opportunities. These elements, and others, make Washington an excellent place to live.
Equity, Inclusion and Diversity
In our local communities and across the nation, Kaiser Permanente sets the standard for respectful care. With multicultural staff, equity, inclusion and diversity councils, medical interpretation resources, outreach efforts, educational programs and more, Kaiser Permanente puts people first in our medical centers and beyond.
As part of Kaiser Permanente, Washington Permanente Medical Group (WPMG) seeks to create equity in our communities, eliminate health disparities, and always put patients--the heart of everything we do--first.
Following the guidelines in our National Diversity Agenda, every member of our team strives to:
- Provide culturally responsive and appropriate medical care to improve the health and satisfaction of all people in our increasingly diverse membership
- Recruit and retain clinicians and staff that enhance our workforce
- Grow our membership by providing exceptional service and clinical care to all communities in our region
Creating a diverse workforce, an inclusive environment, and equitable opportunity for employment, growth, and advancement are deeply linked to our mission, our business, and our economic future. WPMG continues to add programs that build and maintain a workplace where we engage with our members, communities, and each other--with dignity, respect, and cultural understanding.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As part of our commitment to our employees and the members and patients we serve, we integrate diversity into all aspects of our operations. Maintaining a workforce with industry-leading levels of diversity through deliberate planning, development, and outreach is critical to fulfilling our mission, sustaining our business objectives, and providing the best level of care to our members and patients. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.