Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Internal Number: R0018880
University of Minnesota Physicians (M Physicians) is a non-profit organization seeking driven individuals in both clinical and non-clinical areas to help transform health and medicine. Headquartered in Minneapolis, our organization employs more than 1,200 physicians, 300 advanced practice providers and 2,200 health professionals and staff throughout Minnesota and beyond.
Join us on a mission to advance medicine.
The Division of Hematology, Oncology & Transplantation (H.O.T.) at the University of Minnesota is seeking a board certified/eligible Hematologist/Oncologist to assume a key leadership role within the Division as a Section Head of Classical Hematology.
The division is seeking an individual with a strong interest in classical hematology research, mentoring, and training, who can thrive in our team based environment. The ideal candidate will have clinical expertise in classical hematology with experience in basic and/or translational research with an established record of independently obtained research funding.
- Assume responsibility for the development, mentorships, and management of the growing Classical Hematology Section comprised of nine early, mid, and late career M.D. and PhD faculty.
- Opportunity to serve as the Principal Investigator on the Hematology T32 Research Training Program currently in it's 46th year of funding from the National Institutes fo Health at the University of Minnesota.
- Provide inpatient and outpatient clinical care of classical hematology patients as well as teaching of hematology-oncology fellows, residents, medical students, graduate students, and advanced care providers.
About the Division:
The H.O.T. Division is comprised of leading experts dedicated to seeking innovative approaches and more effective therapies. Faculty can work in partnership with one of the nation's top cancer research centers designated by the National Cancer Institute. For over 25 years the Masonic Cancer Center has provided faculty a collaborative research environment focused on the causes, prevention, detection, and treatment of cancer. Learn more at cancer.umn.edu.
The Classical Hematology Program is a major referral center across the states of Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, North and South Dakota with expertise in the care of patients with numerous types of non-malignant hematologic diseases, including hemophilia, bleeding and thrombotic disorders, platelet disorders, anemia, iron disorders, complement disorders (PNH and aHUS), congenital red cell disorders, sickle cell disease, thalassemia and other hemoglobinopathies, porphyria, immunodeficiency, leukocyte disorders, and other rare conditions.
Our facilities include a modern 400-bed teaching hospital, outpatient Clinics and Surgical Center, and the Center for Bleeding and Clotting Disorders. Research infrastructure includes extensive basic research facilities and clinical research office.
With a dedicated team for regulatory support and research coordination, recent investments have been made to continue our robust clinical trial infrastructure including experience in hemophilia and heminglobinopathy gene therapies. As part of the federally funded Hemophilia Treatment Center nationwide network, we are able to offer comprehensive care that meets each patient's needs.
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME Internal Medicine residency and Hematology/Oncology fellowship-training program.
- Board eligible/certified in Hematology.
- History of successful national research funding. Regional, National or International recognition for research.
- Demonstrated excellence in Academic and Clinical Leadership.
- Tenure, tenure-equivalent or tenure-eligible per institutional criteria.
- Licensed or ability to acquire medical license and DEA in the State of Minnesota, and meet threshold criteria/qualifications for credentialing and privileges.
- Ability to receive work authorization in the United States from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and maintain legal status according to the requirements of the VISA.
This role is dually employed and applicants should complete the corresponding application for this position here: https://hr.myu.umn.edu/jobs/ext/352257.
Our benefits package was recently recognized for its competitive and inclusive nature. Some highlights include:
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans
- As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we are a qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Best in industry 401K employer contribution
- Concierge services and a well-being allowance
More information can be found here: UMN Benefits and M Physicians Benefits.
M Health and Clinical Partnerships
Providers practice at affiliated locations under the M Health Fairview shared care delivery system. This partnership represents a collaboration between University of Minnesota Physicians, University of Minnesota Medical Center and Fairview Health Services to build a nationally known academic health system that combines academic and community resources to provide the very best clinical care to patients and communities, while also supporting research and education across the joint healthcare delivery system.
University of Minnesota
The University of Minnesota is among the largest and most prestigious public research universities in the nation. The University Medical School is a world-class institution with a long history of leadership and discoveries that have changed the practice of medicine. The nearly 3,000 outstanding faculty members are committed to achieving excellence in research, clinical care, and developing the next generation of health professionals. #UMP
We are based in Minneapolis and consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in America by U.S. News & World Report. The Minneapolis-St. Paul area offers a high quality of life and a low cost of living. You'll find excellent school systems, a robust economy, an award-winning culinary scene, museums of all types, outstanding theaters, and a reliable international airport. If you love the outdoors, you can enjoy all four seasons with the plethora of lakes, parks, and some of the country's best bike trails!
M Physicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.